Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Foray Into Design

The drawings in this post are entirely fictional.




A rough mock up of a modern airport terminal. You see stuff like this all over the place.


You used to see stuff like this all over the place. I got bored and stopped drawing all the stones.


I often joke that I'm going to quit my career (whatever that is) and open an existential sandwich shop. Here it is, the 'Death is Inevitable. Sandwich Shoppe.'


Here's a sort of modern Northern California house.


A marina. Charles really liked the boats. I've been drawing boats in the margins of my notes since Ninth Grade, so they'd better be good.


You got me. This "tower" is based on a sculpture I made out of legos. It's still in my bedroom somewhere at home. i.e. this is the real vernacular from my childhood.


Here's some Greek thing. These seem to have fallen out of fashion.


I like this little factory. Complete with helipad.


Here's an idea for a red brick kitchen that opens into a dining room. I particularly like the shelf built into the wall for the cookbooks. I never know where to put all these cookbooks.


Here's a sort of LDS-type church. Pretty creepy.


The perspective here is all kinds of wrong, but I like this bridge.


Weird, right? Maybe in a Swiss Ski Resort town? I really like this modern meets fairytale style. I'm sure we'll see it again.


This bedroom has all the things I'd want in a bedroom. Windows over the pillow, pop art, and a table. Rebecca Nie suggested that the windows could have an ocean view (great idea!) To which Jesse observed that carrying around a book full of sketches would be a great way to sleep with Rebecca Nie. Charles said it reminded him of a Matisse, so I'm not sweating it either.


Okay, more New England stuff. But don't the large modern windows count as a subversion?


The bathroom is to Lily's specifications with the walk-in shower. If the illustration looks jarring, it's because the walls have no thickness. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment